E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-66-2 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
In the last decade the evolution of information technologies caused an increasing interest in adaptive environments, especially for educational purposes. There is a need for new methods for delivering information content to users. To increase efficiency, the information should be adapted dependent on the user preferences and needs. To enable interchange of the user preferences among systems and reusability of the information content, the data needs to be machine-understandable. We have proposed a model for adaptive system, which is based on ontologies and allows the storing of semantics within the data. The principle of information adaptation is one of main research perspectives for e-learning. Even though the e learning environment is sufficient for experiments, the model should be general and applicable as a universal adaptation framework.
Balík, M. & Jelínek, I. (2008). Towards Data Interoperability in Adaptive Environments. In C. Bonk, M. Lee & T. Reynolds (Eds.), Proceedings of E-Learn 2008--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 2480-2485). Las Vegas, Nevada, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 22, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/30019/.
© 2008 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Aubrecht, P. (2005). Ontology Transformations Between Formalisms, PhD Thesis, Czech Technical University in Prague Balí k, M., Jelí nek, I. (2007). General Architecture of Adaptive and Adaptable Information Systems. ICEIS Doctoral Consortium, Funchal, Madeira – Portugal (pp.29-34).
- Brusilovsky, P., Millán, E. (2007). User Models for Adaptive Hypermedia and Adaptive Educational Systems. The Adaptive Web: Methods and Strategies of Web Personalization (pp.3-53).
- Brusilovsky, P. (1996). Methods and Techniques of Adaptive Hypermedia. In User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction 6 (pp.87-129).
- Carmagnola, F., Cena, F., Gena, C., Torre, I. (2005). A Semantic Framework for Adaptive web-based Systems. In Proceedings of SWAP 2005, the 2nd Italian Semantic Web Workshop, Trento, Italy, CEUR Workshop Proceedings, ISSN 1613-0073
- Dolog, P., Schäfer, M. (2005). A framework for browsing, manipulating and maintaining interoperable learner profiles. In Ardissono, L., Brna, P., Mitrovi(cid:1), A., editors, Proc. User Modeling 2005: 10th International Conference, UM 2005, volume 3538 of LNAI, (pp.397-401), Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. Springer.
- Gruber, T.R. (1993). A Translation Approach to Portable Ontology Specifications. Knowledge Acquisition, 5(2):199-220.
- Heiyanthuduwage, S.R., Karunaratna, D.D. (2006). A Learner Oriented Ontology of Metadata to Improve Effectiveness of Learning Management Systems. In eLearningAP 2006, Muang Thong Thani, Thailand
- Koch, N. (1998). Towards a methodology for adaptive hypermedia systems development. In U. Timm and M. Rö ssel, editors, ABIS'98.
- Rozenberg, G. (Ed.) (1997). Handbook of Graph Grammars and Computing by Graph Transformations, Volume 1: Foundations. World Scientific 1997, ISBN 9810228848
- Sobecki, J. (2007). Web-Based System User Interface Hybrid Recommendation Using Ant Colony Metaphor. KES (3) 2007: 1033-1040 Stojanovi(cid:1), N., Staab, S., and Studer, R. (2001). ELearning in the Semantic Web. WebNet2001-World Conference on the WWW and Internet, Orlando, Florida, USA
- Sucrow, B. (1997). Formal Specification of Human-Computer Interaction by Graph Grammars under Consideration of Information Resources. In Proceedings of the 1997 Automated Software Engineering Conference (ASEC'97), (pp.28 – 35), Incline Village at Lake Tahoe, Nevada. IEEE Computer Society Press.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.