A Simple Publishing Interface For Learning Object Repositories
Stefaan Ternier, K.U.Leuven, Belgium ; David Massart, Frans Van Assche, European Schoolnet, Belgium ; Neil Smith, Knowledge Integration Ltd., United Kingdom ; Bernd Simon, Vienna university of economics and business administration, Austria ; Erik Duval, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Vienna, Austria ISBN 978-1-880094-65-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
This paper reports on a new work item of the CEN/ISSS Workshop on Learning Technologies that concerns the standardization of a software protocol for publishing learning objects to digital repositories. This standardization project draws on research results from ProLearn, a project funded by the European Information Society Technologies (IST). First, the need for an interoperable and standardized publishing API will be articulated. Next, different requirements will be presented that were collected from various European projects. Finally, an overview is presented from already existing specifications.
Ternier, S., Massart, D., Van Assche, F., Smith, N., Simon, B. & Duval, E. (2008). A Simple Publishing Interface For Learning Object Repositories. In J. Luca & E. Weippl (Eds.), Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2008--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (pp. 1840-1845). Vienna, Austria: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved December 17, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/28625/.
© 2008 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Lagoze, C. And Van de Sompel, H. (2001). The open archives initiative: building a low-barrier interoperability framework. In JCDL '01: Proceedings of the 1st ACM/IEEE-CS joint conference on Digital libraries, pages 5462, New York, NY, USA. ACM.
- McCallum, S.H. (2006). A look at new information retrieval protocols: SRU, OpenSearch/a9, CQL, and XQuery. In World Library and Information Congress: 72nd IFLA General Conference and Council. IFLA, IFLA.
- Neven, F., Duval, E., Ternier, S., Cardinaels, K., and Vandepitte, P. (2003). An Open and Flexible Indexation-and Query tool for Ariadne. In Lassner, D. And McNaught, C., editors, Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2003, pages 107-114, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. AACE.
- Simon, B., Massart, D., Van Assche, F., Ternier, S., Duval, E., Brantner, S., Olmedilla, D., and Miklos, Z. (2005). A Simple Query Interface for Interoperable Learning Repositories. In Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Interoperability of Webbased Educational Systems, pages 11-18.
- Ternier, S. And Duval, E. (2003). Web services for the ARIADNE knowledge pool system. In Proceedings of the 3rd Annual ARIADNE Conference, pages 1-9. ARIADNE Foundation.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.