Supporting E-Learning with Technologies for Electronic Documents eBook
Alistair McLean, Leila Alem, CSIRO ICT, Australia
Supporting E-Learning with Technologies for Electronic Documents. Published . Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA.
This book explores how to complement traditional e-learning techniques with technologies for electronic documents in order to assist elearning. We use the phrase “technologies for electronic documents” to mean processes and algorithms that operate on unprocessed electronic content and, in general, the research undertaken in these areas assumes that the domain of application is open, changing and unstructured.
McLean, A. & Alem, L. (2009). Supporting E-Learning with Technologies for Electronic Documents. Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved November 19, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/30470/.
© 2009 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Cody, C.T.K., Oren, E., & Daniel, S.W. (2001). Scaling question answering to the Web. Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on WorldWide Web, 150-161.
- Cha, G. (2002). COVA: A System for content-based distance learning. Proceedings International WWW Conference (11), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
- Davis, J., Kay, J., Kummerfeld, B., Poon, J., Quigley, A., Saunders, G., & Yacef, K. (2003). Using workflow, user modeling and tutoring strategies for just-in-time document delivery. AIEd2003. Workshop on Technologies for Electronic Documents for Supporting Learning (Volume X).
- Dorai, C., Kermani, P., & Stewart, A. (2001). ELM-N : E-learning media navigator. International Multimedia Conference Proceedings of the Ninth ACM International Conference on Multimedia, 634 – 635.
- Fu, Y., & Shen, R. (2004). GA based CBR approach in Q & A system. Expert Systems with IJEL4/1pglayout4.0 2/9/05 4:33 PM Page 166 166 Kumar, Kashyap, Mittal, and Gupta
- Gonzalo, J., Verdejo, F., Chugur, I., & Cigarran, J. (1998). Indexing with WordNet synsets can improve text retrieval. Proceedings of the COLING/ACL '98 Workshop on Usage of WordNet for NLP.Montreal, Canada, 38-44.
- Hirschman, L., & Gaizauskas, R. (2001). Natural language question answering: The view from here. Natural Language Engineering.
- Hori, C., Hori, T., Isozaki, H., Maeda, E., Katagiri, S., & Furui, S. (2003). Study on spoken interactive open domain question answering. SSPR2003, pp.111 – 113.
- Kretser, O.D., & Moffat, A. (1999). Effective document presentation with a locality-based similarity heuristic. Proceedings of the 22nd Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, San Francisco, pp 113-120.
- Kutay, C., & Ho, P. (2003). Using intelligent agents for the analysis of students interaction and learning. AIEd2003. Workshop on Technologies for Electronic Documents for Supporting Learning, (Volume X).
- Lin, J., Quan, D., Sinha, V., Bakshi, K., Huynh, D., Katz, B., & Karger, D.R. (2003). The role of context in question answering systems. Proceedings of the 2003 Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems.
- Mendes, M.E.S., Martinez, E., & Sacks, L. (2002). Knowledge-based content navigation in e-learning applications. The London Communication Symposium.
- Small, S., Liu, T., Shimizu, N., & Strzalkowski, T. (2003). HITIQA: An interactive question answering system, a preliminary report. Proceedings of ACL '03, Workshop on QA. Sapporo, Japan.
- Temperley, D., Sleator, D., & Lafferty, J. (1993) Parsing English with a link grammar. Third Annual Workshop on Parsing Technologies.
- Woods, W. (1973). Progress in natural language understanding– An application to lunar geology. AFIPS Conference Proceedings, 42, 441-450.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
- Preface: Supporting E-Learning with Technologies for Electronic Documents p. 5
- Alistair McLean and Leila Alem
- Supporting Learning and Information Sharing in Natural Resource Management with Technologies for Electronic Documents p. 7
- Leila Alem and Alistair McLean
- Designing Agents for Feedback Using the Documents Produced in Learning p. 21
- Cat Kutay and Peter Ho
- A Virtual Hyperbooks Model to Support Collaborative Learning p. 39
- Gilles Falquet and Jean-Claude Ziswile
- Reusing Educational Material for Teaching and Learning: Current Approaches and Directions p. 57
- Anne-Marie Vercoustre and Alistair McLean
- Use of Relational and Conceptual Graphs in Supporting E-Learning Tasks p. 69
- Ankush Mittal and Krishnan Pagalthivarthi
- Automatically Generating Effective Online Help p. 83
- Cecile Paris, Nathalie Colineau, Shijian Lu, and Keith Vander Linden
- Smart Recommendation for an Evolving E-Learning System: Architecture and Experiment p. 105
- Tiffany Tang and Gordon McCalla
- Workflow-Based Personalised Document Delivery p. 131
- S. Holden, Judy Kay, Josiah Poon, and Kalina Yacef
- A Fully Automatic Question-Answering System for Intelligent Search in E-Learning Document p. 149
- Praveen Kumar, Shrikant Kashyap, Ankush Mittal, and Sumit Gupta