Designing and implementing Interactive Textbook for highschool mathematics PROCEEDINGS
Michal Yerushalmy, University of Haifa, Israel
EdMedia: World Conference on Educational Media and Technology, in Lugano, Switzerland ISBN 978-1-880094-53-2 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
The availability of interactive web texts and the search for interactions that would better involve students in investigative activities and teachers in guiding explorations has created a lot of expectations from a new type of book: web books, sometimes called interactive books. The domain of such interactive environments is new and yet to be explored. In developing the Function Web Book we implemented observations and research findings spanning a decade of investigations of learning by students and of professional development attempts by teachers, as well as knowledge gathered from working with educators on changing classrooms norms while using the Visual Mathematics materials in Israeli secondary schools. The Function Web Book is intended to allow educators worldwide to study the many facets of interactive electronic writing with the objective of fostering the thinking habits of students and the professional growth of teachers and curriculum developers.
Yerushalmy, M. (2004). Designing and implementing Interactive Textbook for highschool mathematics. In L. Cantoni & C. McLoughlin (Eds.), Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2004--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (pp. 1699-1703). Lugano, Switzerland: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved May 26, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/12707/.
© 2004 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Artigue, M. (2002). Learning Mathematics in a CAS Environment: The Genesis of a Reflection about Instrumentation and the Dialectics between Technical and Conceptual Work International Journal of Computers for Mathematical Learning -
- Barker, P.G. (1999). Electronic Libraries of the future, Encyclopedia of Microcomputers , 23(2) , 121- 152. Barker, P.G., (1994). Electronic Libraries - Visions of the Future. The Electronic Library , 12(4), 221 -230.
- Lemke, J. L. (2000 Multimedia genres and Traversals IPRA , Ontario , Canada
- Shternberg, B. & Yerushalmy, M. (2003). Models of functions and models of situations: On design of a modeling based learning environment. In H. M. Doerr & R. Lesh (Eds.) Beyond constructivism: A model and modeling perspective on teaching, learning, and problem solving in mathematics education . Erlbaum . Pp . 479500.
- Yerushalmy, M. & Gilead, S. (1999). Structures of constant rate word problems: A functional approach an alysis. Educational Studies in Mathematics . 39 , 185-203.
- Yerushalmy, M. & Shternberg, B. (2001). A Visual Course to the Concept of Function. In A. Cuoco & F. Curcio (Eds.) The Roles of Representations in School Mathematics . Reston, VA: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Yearbook. Pp. 251 -268.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.