E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada ISBN 978-1-939797-31-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
For developing countries, watching videos on limited internet access can be difficult if not impossible Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) that include podcasts, Virtual International Exchanges (VIEs) through Canvas and/or social media could be the new course format that is needed for developing countries to advance educational systems MOOCs lack social engagement and VIEs bring that essential interaction MOOCs + VIEs can create a new digital course format The initial research in VIEs is showing that the students and faculty are interested in new course formats and new courses focused on VIEs This Fall is the first MOOC + VIE pilot between Uzbekistan and a Midwestern US university
Wahls, N., Siergiejczyk, G. & Ogay, M. (2017). Eliminating Virtual Walls through a MOOC + Virtual International Exchange (VIE). In J. Dron & S. Mishra (Eds.), Proceedings of E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 688-692). Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved January 21, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/181246/.
© 2017 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Docebo. (2014) E-Learning Market Trends& Forecast 2014-2016 Report.
- Hans de Wit. (2013). "COIL: What it is and why it matters," University World News. Henderikx, Maartje; Kreijns, Karel; & Kalz Marco. (2017). Refining success and dropout in massive open online courses based on the intention–behavior gap. Distance Education, 0(0), 0th ser. Doi: 01587919.2017.1369006
- Koller, D., Ng, A., Do, C., & Chen, Z. (2013). Retention and intention in massive open online courses: In depth. Educause Review Online.
- The Politics of Learning Writing Collective (2017): The Learning Sciences in a New Era of U.S. Nationalism, Cognition and Instruction,
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AACE ELearn 2017 Canada (1).pptx (Access with Subscription)