Implementing Flipped Classroom in Blended Learning environments: a Proposal Based on the Cognitive Flexibility Theory
Mariel Andrade, Universidade Federal Rural de Pernambuco, Brazil, Brazil ; Clara Coutinho, Universidade do Minho, Portugal
Journal of Interactive Learning Research Volume 28, Number 2, ISSN 1093-023X Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
Flipped Classroom is an issue that gains increased attention in Blended Learning models. Generally, in the traditional classroom, the teacher uses the time in the classroom to explain the theoretical and conceptual body content and leaves the practices and exercises as extracurricular activities. In the Flipped Classroom, students study at home the theoretical component of the course and the classroom time is designed for practical activities and exercises monitored by the teacher. Although the definition presents an apparent simplicity, the Flipped Classroom model implies deep structural changes in the traditional classroom. The objective of this paper is to discuss the pedagogical changes and affordances brought by the methodology of Flipped Classroom and propose a model to implement Flipped Classroom based on the Cognitive Flexibility Theory.
Andrade, M. & Coutinho, C. (2017). Implementing Flipped Classroom in Blended Learning environments: a Proposal Based on the Cognitive Flexibility Theory. Journal of Interactive Learning Research, 28(2), 109-126. Waynesville, NC: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved September 24, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/174184/.
© 2017 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Fernandes, J.C. (2015). Definição do Conceito de Blended Learning. Proposta metodológica no quadro da Terminologia de base conceptual. Universidade nova de lisboa, lisboa.
- Khan, S. (2011). Let’s use video to reinvent education. Retrieved September 18, 2016, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntFeusudhfs King, A. (1993). From Sage on the Stage to Guide on the Side. College Teach DASHDASH
- Marques, C.G.C. (2011). Desenvolvimento e Implementação de um Modelo de Blended-Learning com Objectos de Aprendizagem no Ensino Superior. Universidade do Minho, Braga.
- Strayer, J. (2007). The effects of the classroom flip on the learning environment: a comparison of learning activity in a traditional classroom and a Flip classroom that used an intelligent tutoring system. (doctoral dissertation) ohio State university, Columbus, oh, uSa. Valente, J.A. (2014a). A comunicação e a educação baseada no uso das tecnologias digitais de informação e comunicação. UNIFESO-Humanas E Sociais, 1(1), 141–166.
- Wright, S. (2012). Flipping Bloom’s taxonomy. Retrieved February 24, 2016, from http://plpnetwork.com/2012/05/15/flipping-blooms-taxonomy/ Yarbro, J., arfstrom, K.M., McKnight, K., & McKnight, P. (2014). Flipped learning review 2014. George Mason University. Retrieved from http://flippe DASHDASH
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.