TPACK in language teaching: Implications for teacher education PROCEEDING
Joke Voogt, University of Amsterdam/ Windesheim University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands ; Susan McKenney, University of Twente, Netherlands ; Bas Trimbos, Daniela Fasoglio, Petra Fisser, Allard Strijker, Netherlands Institute for Curriculum Development, Netherlands ; Shu-Ju Diana Tai, College of Arts and Law/School of International Education Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Taiwan ; Anneke Smits, Roland Bruijn, Henk la Roi, Floor van Renssen, Windesheim University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands ; Denise Crawford-Schmidt, Iowa State University, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Savannah, GA, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-13-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
From the perspective that a teacher’s TPACK depends on the subject domain, the students and the ecology of the school and the classroom, this symposium intends to contribute to a better understanding of TPACK in language teaching. We present four studies that discuss the meaning of TPACK as a knowledge base for teaching language with technology (mother tongue and modern foreign languages). Two contributions studied what the knowledge base for teaching with technology could be in respectively early literacy and modern foreign language teaching. Two contributions demonstrate how TPACK in language teaching can be developed in in-service and pre-service teachers.
Voogt, J., McKenney, S., Trimbos, B., Fasoglio, D., Fisser, P., Strijker, A., Tai, S.J.D., Smits, A., Bruijn, R., la Roi, H., van Renssen, F. & Crawford-Schmidt, D. (2016). TPACK in language teaching: Implications for teacher education. In G. Chamblee & L. Langub (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3121-3125). Savannah, GA, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved August 22, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/172135/.
© 2016 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Fisser, P. & Voogt, J.(2011). TPACK-NL vragenlijst een toelichting. Retrieved from: http://www.tpack.nl/uploads/8/0/0/1/8001167/tpack-nl_vragenlijst.pdf Hew, K.F., & Brush, T. (2007). Integrating technology into K-12 teaching and learning: Current knowledge gaps and recommendations for future research. Educational Technology Research and Development, 55(3), 223-252.
- Koehler M., & Mishra P. (2008). Introducing TPCK. In AACTE Committee on Innovation and Technology (Eds.), Handbook of technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPCK) for educators (pp. 3-29). New York: Routledge.
- Lapadat, J.C., Brown, W.I., Thielmann, G., & Mcgregor, C.E. (2011). Teaching with blogs: a case study of technologically mediated literacy. IJLM, 2(2), 63–79.
- McKenney, S.E., Kali, Y., Markuskauskaite, L., Voogt, J. (2015). Teacher design knowledge for technology enhanced learning: an ecological framework for investigating assets and needs. Instructional Science, 43, 181–202.
- Puentedura, R.R. (2009). As We May Teach: Educational Technology, From Theory Into Practice (online). Http://tinyurl.com/aswemayteach. Smits, A., & Van Koeven, E. (2013). Motiverende leesactiviteiten in de klas en de lezersidentiteit van de leraar. In D. Schram (Ed.), De aarzelende lezer over de streep. Recente wetenschappelijke inzichten. Delft: Eburon.
- Webb, M. & Cox, M. (2004). A review of pedagogy related to information and communication technology. Technology, Pedagogy and Education, 13, 2, 235-286.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.