Assessing the quality of online and blended learning using the methodology of e-Maturity Model. A pilot study in adult education in Flanders
Hilde Van Laer, CVO Antwerpen, Belgium ; Koen DePryck, Yves Blieck, Chang Zhu, Vrij Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Kona, Hawaii, United States Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
Managing quality and ensuring continuous quality improvement of existing and new blended learning programs in adult education is the main focus of the research presented in this paper. Adult education centers in Flanders offer education for a highly diverse audience. Due to its flexibility of access and learning mode, blended learning is becoming more and more attractive for adult learners, especially for those who have to combine their studies with work, family and social responsibilities. As in many other settings, there is currently no common quality assurance framework for online and blended learning programs (OBL) in Flanders. In this research, we explore the usefulness of the self-assessment methodology of the e-learn maturity model (eMM) for online and blended learning programs in adult education. We present the results a pilot study and explore the validation of eMM for OBL in adult education.
Van Laer, H., DePryck, K., Blieck, Y. & Zhu, C. (2015). Assessing the quality of online and blended learning using the methodology of e-Maturity Model. A pilot study in adult education in Flanders. In Proceedings of E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 955-964). Kona, Hawaii, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved December 10, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/152113/.
© 2015 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Ehlers, U.-D. (2013). Open Learning Cultures-A Guide to Quality, Evaluation and Assessment for Future Learning. Springer. Retrieved from http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783642381737 Ehlers, U.-D., Goertz, L., Hildebrandt, B., Pawlowski, J.M., (Cedefop), E.C. For the D. Of V.T., (eqo), E.Q.O., … (eqo), E.Q.O. (2006). Quality in e-learning: use and dissemination of quality approaches in European e-learning: a study by the European Quality Observatory, Quality in e-learning: use and dissemination of quality approaches in European e-learning: a study by the European Quality Observatory. Retrieved from http://www.voced.edu.au/content/ngv39172
- Jung, I., & Latchem, C. (2012). Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Distance Education: Models, Policies and Research. Routledge.
- Marshall, S. (2007). EMM Core Self-Assessment Workbook. Retrieved May 5, 2015, from http://www.cad.vuw.ac.nz/research/emm/documents/versiontwothree/20070620eMMCoreWorkbook.pdf Marshall, S. (2010). A quality framework for continuous improvement of e-Learning: The e-Learning Maturity Model. International Journal of E-Learning& Distance Education, 24(1), 143–166.
- Marshall, S. (2012). E-learning and higher education: understanding and supporting organisational change. Retrieved May 5, 2015, from https://akoaotearoa.ac.nz/download/ng/file/group-3991/e-learning-and-highereducation-understanding-and-supporting-organisational-change.pdf
- O’Mahony, K., & Garavan, T.N. (2012). Implementing a quality management framework in a higher education organisation. Quality Assurance in Education, 20(2), 184–200. Http://doi.org/10.1108/09684881211219767Ossiannilsson,E.(2012).Benchmarkinge-learning in higher education: lessons learned from international projects.
- Ossiannilsson, E., & Landgren, L. (2012). Quality in e-learning–a conceptual framework based on experiences from three international benchmarking projects. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 28(1), 42–51.
- Ossiannilsson, E., Williams, K., Camilleri, A.F., & Brown, M. (2015). Quality models in online and open education around the globe. State of the art and recommendations. Oslo: International Council for Open and Distance Education. Retrieved from http://icde.typepad.com/quality_models/ Pawlowski, J.M. (2006). Adopting quality standards for education and e-learning. In Handbook on Quality and Standardisation in E-Learning (pp. 65–77). Springer Berlin Heidelberg. Retrieved from
- Stracke, C. (2006). Process-oriented quality management. In Handbook on Quality and Standardisation in ELearning (pp. 79–96). Springer Berlin Heidelberg. Retrieved from http://link.springer.com/chapter/
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- presentation_3069_46315.pdf (Access with Subscription)
- assessing the quality of online and blended learning using the e-Maturity model.pdf (Access with Subscription)