MOOCs, Communities and Distributed TPACK PROCEEDINGS
Paolo Paolini, Nicoletta DI Blas, Aldo Torrebruno, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Las Vegas, NV, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-13-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This paper is about TPACK as a model for explaining the dynamics and informing the design of innovative, ICT-based, educational experiences. The main thesis is that the TPACK model, in its more advanced versions, provides the necessary concepts to explain the complex relationships among the various participants in their roles. The most important consequence is that TPACK can be used to drive the design of complex experiences, and especially of Massive Online Open Courses and their communities. The thesis is supported through concrete case-studies.
Paolini, P., DI Blas, N. & Torrebruno, A. (2015). MOOCs, Communities and Distributed TPACK. In D. Rutledge & D. Slykhuis (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2015--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3364-3369). Las Vegas, NV, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved November 14, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/150467/.
© 2015 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Carey, K. (2013). MOOCs, Robots and the Secret of Life. New America Foundation; June 5, 2013.
- Di Blas, N., Paolini, P., Sawaya, S. & Mishra, P. (2014). Distributed TPACK: Going Beyond Knowledge in the Head. In M. Searson& M. Ochoa (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2014 (pp. 2464-2472). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Http://www.editlib.org/p/131154 Gaebel, M. (2013). MOOCs Massive Open Online Courses. EUA (European University Association) Occasional Papers, January 2012
- Jordan, K. (2014). MOOC Completion Rates: The Data. Retrived at http://www.katyjordan.com/MOOCproject.html
- Kawulich, B.B. (2005). Participant observation as a data collection method. Forum: Qualitative Social Research. 6 (2): Art. 43. Http://www.qualitative-research.net/index.php/fqs/article/view/466/996 Koehler, M.J., & Mishra, P. (2009). What is technological pedagogical content knowledge? Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 9(1), 60-70
- Koehler, M.J., Mishra, P., Kereluik, K., Shin, T.S., & Graham, C.R. (2014). The Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge Framework. In J.M. Spector, M.D. Merrill, J. Elen, & M.J. Bishop (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Educational Communications and Technology (pp. 101–111).
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054. Doi:10.1111/J.1467-9620.2006.00684.x
- Liyanagunawardena, T.R., Adams, A.A., Williams, S.A. (2013). MOOCs: A Systematic Study of the Published Literature 20082012. The international Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning. Http://www.irrodl.org/index.php/irrodl/article/view/1455/2531 Mak, S., Williams, R., & Mackness, J. (2010). Blogs and forums as communication and learning tools in a MOOC. Paper presented at the Networked Learing Conference
- Reeves, T. (2013). The quality of learning in MOOCs. Speech at the eLearn conference 2013, symposium on MOOCs and Open Education around the World. Http://www.aace.org/conf/ELearn/symposium.htm
- Saadatdoost, R., Tze Hiang Sim, A., Mittal N., Jafarkarimi, H. (2014). A Netnography Study of MOOC Community. The 18th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS 2014)-Chengdu, China
- Siemens, G. (2012). MOOCs are really a platform. Elearnspace [Electronic source]. Www.elearnspace.org/blog/2012/07/25
- Thompson, K. (2011). 7 things you should know about MOOCs. EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative [Electronic source]. Http://www.educause.edu/library/resources/7-things-you-should-know-about-moocs
- Vardi, M.Y. (2012). Will MOOCs destroy academia? Communications of the ACM, Vol. 55 No. 11
- Various Authors (2013). A selection of Inside Higher Ed articles and essays on massive open online courses. Inside higher ed, May 2013. Http://www.ticua.org/meetings_resources/sm_files/MoocBooklet_FINAL.pdf.
- Voogt, J., Fisser, P., Pareja Roblin, N., Tondeur, J., & Van Braak, J. (2013). Technological pedagogical content knowledge– a review of the literature. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 29(2), 109–121. Doi:10.1111/J.1365-2729.2012.00487
- Waldrop, M.M. (2013). Massive open online courses, aka MOOCs, transform higher education and science. Scientific American. Http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=massive-open-online-courses-transform-higher-education-and-science
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.