Toward New Definition of M-Learning
Chanhee Son, Youngmin Lee, Sanghoon Park, Florida State University, United States
E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Washington, DC, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-54-9 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
M-Learning (Mobile Learning) is a band new and learner-centered computing paradigm, which is believed to really enable Anytime and Anywhere Learning, with its distinguishing features from other previous concepts of learning such as computer-based learning and electronic learning (e-learning). There have been some efforts for defining m-learning. However, both practitioners and researchers are still wondering how m-learning is different from e-learning, which is still considered a new paradigm of learning. This paper tries to address the issue surrounding the newest learning paradigm of m-learning.
Son, C., Lee, Y. & Park, S. (2004). Toward New Definition of M-Learning. In J. Nall & R. Robson (Eds.), Proceedings of E-Learn 2004--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 2137-2140). Washington, DC, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved June 7, 2023 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/11200/.
© 2004 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
ReferencesView References & Citations Map
- Ellis, K. (2003). Moving Into M -Learning. Training, November. 56 - 59
- Sariola, P., Sampton, J. P., & Vuorinen, R. (2001). Promoting mLearning by the UniWap Proje ct Within Higher Education. Proceedings of International Conference on Technology and Education (ICTE 2001), Avaiable online at http://www.icte.org/T01_Library/T01_254.pdf
- Son, C., Park, S., & Kim, M. (2003). Handheld Computers Approaching Classroom: Instructional Guidelines for Teaching and Learning. Proceedings of Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE 2003). Atlanta, GA.
- Stone, A., & Briggs, J. (2002). ITZ GD 2 TXT – How to Use SMS Effectively in M - learning, Proceedings of the European Workshop on Mobile and Contextual Learning , (P. 11-14), Birmingham, UK
- Trifonova, A. (2003). Mobile Learning – Review of the Literature. Technical Report DIT -03- 009, Informatica e Telecomunicazioni, University of Trento.
- Waycottt, J. (2001). An Investigation into the Use of Mobile Computing Devices as Tools for Supporting Learning and Workplace Activities, 5th Human Centered Technology Postgraduate Workshop, Brighton, UK, September 2001, available online at http://www.cogs.Susx.ac.uk/lab/hct/hctw2001/papers/waycott.pdf
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. Signed in users can suggest corrections to these mistakes.Suggest Corrections to References