Search results for author:"Christopher Johnston"
Total records matched: 8 Search took: 0.111 secs
International Journal of Online Pedagogy and Course Design Vol. 3, No. 1 (January 2013) pp. 33–52
This paper reports the evaluation of a hybrid mathematics methods course for novice teachers. During a fifteen-week semester, participants met face-to-face for approximately 60% of the semester and took advantage of an online format for the other 40%...
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2009 (Mar 02, 2009) pp. 3561–3566
Pre-service teachers find themselves situated within a potentially technology-rich environment for mathematical learning. This article summarizes the results of a study with 14 pre-service teachers who designed a lesson plan integrating a technology ...
The Teachers’ Mathematics and Technology Holistic Framework (T-MATH Framework): A Comprehensive Model for Examining Pre-Service Teachers’ Knowledge of Technology Tools for Mathematical Learning
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2012 (Mar 05, 2012) pp. 4377–4381
This virtual poster session will showcase a comprehensive model for examining pre-service elementary teachers’ knowledge of technology for teaching mathematics (Johnston & Moyer-Packenham, 2012). This model, known as the Teachers’ Mathematics and...
Active Learning in Higher Education Vol. 6, No. 3 (2005) pp. 243–255
In helping students manage the transition into higher education, there must be (i) an understanding of the needs and expectations of the students, and (ii) a process that inducts the students into the needs and expectations of higher education. This ...
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2009 (Mar 02, 2009) pp. 3588–3601
An overarching construct called TPACK has been proposed as the interconnection and intersection of technology, pedagogy and content knowledge. Mathematics Teacher TPACK Standards and a Mathematics Teacher TPACK Development Model are proposed for...
Teaching Children Mathematics Vol. 15, No. 4 (November 2008) pp. 235–241
This article describes teachers working collaboratively to plan mathematics lessons in a technology-rich environment. Addressing the needs of their diverse students, in particular, English Language Learners and students with special needs, the...
Margaret L. Niess; Robert N. Ronau; Kathryn G. Shafer; Shannon O. Driskell; Suzanne R. Harper; Christopher Johnston; Christine Browning; S. Asli Özgün-Koca; Gladis Kersaint
Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education Vol. 9, No. 1 (March 2009) pp. 4–24
What knowledge is needed to teach mathematics with digital technologies? The overarching construct, called technology, pedagogy, and content knowledge (TPACK), has been proposed as the interconnection and intersection of technology, pedagogy, and...